Online SBI provides additional security measure by allowing to use Profile password which is different form login password. Profile password on SBI can be used to modify Profile section using onlinesbi.com
It is quite common that we use Profile password rarely and chances of forgetting is likely. So keeping this in my mind State Bank of India allows us to reset profile password using 2 methods. 1. using the Hint question we used while setting the profile password and 2. using the profile password reset form which can be downloaded and submitted to the bank, in case if cannot remember Hint questions and answers for profile password reset.
Below re the steps taken from Online SBI site. which are valid as of today.
If you have forgotten your profile password, you can reset the same yourself. You need to authenticate yourself with the hint question and answer that you had set for the Profile password. If you don’t remember the hint question or answer you can approach your branch to reset the password.
How to reset Profile Password?
To reset the Profile password:
- Click Profile -> Forgot Profile Password. A Forgot Profile Password Page appears and displays a form for the Hint Question and Answer.
- In this page, select the hint question, which you had set when you created your profile password for the first time.
- Enter the answer to the hint question.
- Click [Submit]. The Set Profile Password page appears and allows you to define a new profile password.
- Enter a new profile password. Ensure that your password is a combination of letters in upper and lower case, digits and special characters/ images, so that it is difficult to crack.
- Reenter the same to confirm the password.Select a hint question and enter the answer for the same.
- Click [Submit]. Your new profile password is registered in the system as indicated by the Confirmation page that appears.
How to reset Profile Password if you forgot Hint Question and Answer?
If you have forgotten the hint question or answer, or have never set a profile password, you can approach the branch to reset the password.
To reset the profile password:
- Click Profile -> Forgot Profile Password. The Forgot Profile Password Page appears.
- Click the Forgot Hint Question and Answer hyperlink displayed at the lower end of this page.
- A Forgot Hint Answer page appears and displays a form to select your branch.
- Select your branch and click [Submit]. A popup window opens and displays a Registration form for Duplicate Profile Password.
- Download and save the form in your computer.
- Close the popup window. You are displayed a reference number for the reset password request in a Confirmation page.
- Make note of the reference number.
- Print the Registration Form and fill the same.
- Submit the form at your branch and request for resetting the profile password.
- Ensure to quote the reference number when you submit the Registration form at the branch.
Above 2 methods are mentioned in online sbi as is. If you have any doubts please mention in the comments sections.