Why does hair turn grey, does stress cause grey hair? Though there are several reasons such as stress, illness, heredity, vitamin and nutrient deficiency for discoloration of hair may occur, but most of them are connected to life style and environmental factors. Greying of hair is melanin production inhibition in the root of the hair. Vitamin B12 deficiency is the leading cause of premature greying in children
Below we will see some causes for grey hair and remedies for grey hair.
- Heredity plays a major role to decide whether hair turns grey at a young age. Heredity is completely out of control. Look at your parents and grandparents. You usually take after one of them!
- Research has shown that people who have a lot of responsibilities and hectic lives lose the youthful color of their hair earlier than their peers who live a quiet and satisfying kind of life.
- Lack of vitamins also contributes to this undesirable modification of hair; if you want to delay the process, just change your diet and eat foods that are rich in vitamins (especially B)
- Lack of sleep and a disorganized life is one of the most widespread causes of getting grey hairs. Try getting enough sleep at night and you will delay the process!
- Emotional shock may bring about an increased number of grey hairs, together with a lot of other changes in the organism.
- Pollution and sunbathing for a long time are two other causes of this catastrophe. Sun has a degenerative effect upon hair, irrespective of age.
Now we will check some of the Natural Home remedies to stop Hair greying
- Eat protein-rich foods such as lean meat, soy, whole grains, eggs, and cereals
- Massage your scalp with Almond oil regularly without miss
- Amla paste enhances hair growth and pigmentation, so regular massaging and rubbing into your hair could reverse the greying process
- You can massage coconut oil and lemon juice into your hair for 15 minutes daily to combat gray hair. Coconut and lemon are good for hair thickening also
- Eat foods rich in vitamin A, such as orange and yellow fruits and vegetables (and especially dark green vegetables). Vitamin A also provides good metabolism. Vitamin B foods you should consume include bananas, cauliflower, cereals, green leafy vegetables, liver, kidney, tomatoes, wheat germ, nutritional yeast, and yogurt.
- Mineral intake is a very good solution for healthy hair. Chicken, green vegetables and red meat make fine zinc selections, while dried apricots, eggs, red meat, parsley, sunflower seeds, and wheat provide iron.
If you are decided to use hair dye, don’t forget the doctor’s advice to choose hair dyes that are less damaging to hair and skin.
Below are some of the TOP popular Hair Color brands
If you know any other home remedies for Hair greying, please post in comments for the others.